Sunday, November 15, 2009

My Proud List




So Erica and I are avid readers of Nie Nie's blog. She did a proud list on her blog and Erica copied Nie Nie and now I am copying Erica! Here goes........

1. I'm proud that my family is Mormon. I'm proud that my ancestors left their beautiful home in Switzerland and travled all the way to Utah because of their faith. I'm proud that when I see my great great grandmothers headstone it has a "Faith in Every Footstep" plaque on it, and I'm proud that they use her journal entries in documentaries about the Latter Day Saint Pioneers and their struggles as they traveled across the United States.



2. I'm Proud that my parents are still married! They have worked so hard to keep their marriage together, NO MATTER WHAT! They've taught me so much about what it takes. My dad gave me the best advice I think. He said marriage is really not that romantic most of the time. Most of the time it's really stressful and it's really hard work.

3. I'm proud that I was only one of three people in the room when Presley was born. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. The minute she came out, she looked just as beautiful as her mommy!

4.I'm proud that I'm finally going to the gym and losing my happy fat! Happy fat is the weight you gain when you're in love :) I'm proud that I can now run farther than I ever thought I'd be able to! I'm proud that I love it!

5. I'm proud that I was a huge nerd in high school. While most people were partying and hanging out with friends, I was spending hours in the ballet studio working my heart out! I listened to Beethoven, Tchaikovsky and Saint Sans. My idea of a great Friday night was watching Swan Lake or Giselle on DVD : ) Not that I didn't have some of the best times of my life, hanging out with my best friends Amanda Emily Beth and Joe! We laughed so much! I don't think I've ever laughed as hard as I did back in those days.

6. I'm proud that my little brother is on a mission. I'm proud to say he's my brother and I'm proud that he hasn't just gone through the motions, he's worked really hard and is a great Missionary.

7. I'm proud that I'm politically conservative, even though most people my age are liberal. I'm proud that even though my parents are conservative too they NEVER tried to push their political beliefs on me. I had to ask my mom in high school if she was republican or democrat! I'm proud of George Bush and I think he did the best job that anyone could do (i kind of copied that last part from Nie Nie)

8. I'm proud that I love country music. I know some people think they're too cool for country music but I prefer uplifting songs that make you cry to songs about "blunts, 40s, and bitches." Country music embodies all the things that are important to me; God, America, Love and Family.

9. I'm proud of America. I'm not ashamed to say that I think it's the best country in the world. I think there is nothing wrong with questioning the things this country does and I think it's great to keep those in power on their toes! They work for us after all. But the people who think America is evil, oh I wish we could cart them all off to Saudi Arabia and make them work in the 120 degree weather, away from their families, with very little pay like the Filipino workers that live in Saudi, because that is the reality for MOST OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS EARTH! They aren't looking for happiness they are merely trying to survive. We are so lucky, I've seen it in a way that most people have not had the opportunity to!

10.I'm proud that I'm kind of a Pollyanna! There was a time in my life when I was very negative, but I realized that wasn't working for me and I changed. Now I'm GLAD : )

3 comments:

  1. That was beautiful Brooke, glad you started a blog and hope you don't mind if we follow it!
    Love you,
    Your "proud" Aunt Sherry

    ReplyDelete