Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Britney Spears Oops I Did It Again/Satisfaction Live MTV VMA 2000


Today whilst watching my favorite show, "Teen Mom" I saw that the Video Music Awards are coming up. I don't know half the people preforming anymore (nor do I care to) but the VMA'S always take me back to a simpler time and AlWAYS makes me think of my beloved Britney. Ya, you heard me right, and how can you think of the VMA'S and NOT think about Britney Spears. Remember her performance in that sparkly nude number? SO AWESOME.

It's weird, at the height of her popularity I had rejected (or was rejected haha) by most aspects of teen life. I didn't listen to popular music, didn't want to get my drivers licence and when I graduated high school I had never even seen an episode of "Friends." But I just always loved Britney. Her album was the first (non-classical ballet) album I ever bought. I WAS SIXTEEN. I used to get up two hours before school to do my hair like her. You know like crimped in small sections and straight in some. Once while visiting my dad in Ohio I became hysterical over a life size cut-out of Britney in the McDonald's. I think I embarrassed him by screaming, TAKE BY PICTURE NEXT TO BRITNEY DAD, TAKE MY PICTURE NEXT TO BRITNEY! Everyone in the McDonald's stared. One night in high school I went to go see "Charlies Angels" and I had to crawl over some gay guy to get to my seat and he said, "Well excuse me, little Ms. Britney Spears" I went ballistic and then I beamed through the entire movie. I used to run home from ballet on Friday nights and blast her music while I got ready for football and basketball games. Those memories, as cheesy as it may sound, still warm my heart.

To this day I get happy when I listen to her music. When her song "3" came out last fall I danced around to it eating pumpkin seeds and drinking diet coke. I probably blasted it over my speakers about 10 times...that's what happens when your fiance works long hours. Anyway I'll always love Brit. MMMMMM.............maybe she'll do a surprise performance at the VMA'S this year! I just hope it's like an older one...not like the one she did a few years ago. That was just heartbreaking/embarrassing for everyone.....she looked like crap, I never thought I'd see the day when I looked better than Britney.

No comments:

Post a Comment